MTB helmet test 2017: comparison on bicycle-test-reviews.com
the MTB bicycle helmet: our test reveals what it is. In the summer, lovers of mountain biking are on the road again to topple their terrain enabled bicycles in wilderness. The observant cyclist also must to be well equipped in terms of protective clothing. Very young mountain bikers a MTB helmet that fits (short for mountain bike helmet) should be encouraged. The mountain bike-helmet test tells you exactly what it is. What head cover is suitable for which site? What distinguishes MTB models of the traditional varieties? In this guide, learn the answers and experience what model is finally chosen for the MTB-helmet comparison winner.
The best mountain bike helmets from the test at a glance:
The mountain bike helmets from the test are different from traditional models?
Each MTB helmet that has been tested in the test through its paces, is characterized by specific properties. Not only are there helmets for men, women, and children, the guards are divided into individual categories of driving (these are highlighted in the next section). Commercially available bicycle helmets vary in size and shape from their MTB counterparts. The latter are often larger and extend up to the neck. Not only the mind is particularly protected, also the eyes often benefit from a visor. Table of contents:
- the best mountain bike helmets from the test at a glance:
- the mountain bike helmets from the test are different from traditional models?
- The categories of the MTB helmets tested in the test
- The buying advice to the test: “Bicycle helmets for the MTB”
- The conclusion to the test: the best bike helmets for the MTB
The categories of the MTB helmets tested in the test
The test shows that mountain bike helmets are divided to different mountain bikes fit into appropriate categories. So that you can better assess the models explain these divisions the following: the best helmet comparison winner is chosen In the bicycle helmet test for the MTB.
- The all-mountain-type: This helmet category refers to a kind of protective cover that is suitable for different types of terrain. Versatility is the strength here. A good MTB helmet of this variety offers effective protection for neck, back of the head and face. An adjustable sight is so almost compulsory for these helmets. Also the ventilation must be observed so that on summer days, no heat collapse.
- The Enduro type: An Enduro bike is a bike that is designed for long routes. So also the helmet must complement this style. Good ventilation, low weight and an individually adjustable visor are here for high quality.
- The type of downhill: downhill riding is a mountain or a stony slope descended with full speed. The appropriate headgear must have high stability, down to protect the head and all associated areas. Often, a model of this class has the so-called protection of Fullface. Thus, the protective helmet by mouth and chin guard offers an even higher level of security. The chinstrap must be particularly reliable and secured.
Is not always a protective helmet of a single category to assign. It is the case that there are mixed properties in any MTB helmet from the test.
The buying advice to the test: “Bicycle helmets for the MTB”
Whether visited online stores or specialty stores, newcomers are often overwhelmed at the time of purchase and do not know what they need to pay attention to everything. For this reason we have put together a purchase advice for you which highlighted three main categories:
The following video offers some more good advice:
the conclusion to the test: the best bike helmets for the MTB
the bicycle helmet test for the mountain bike includes also a buying advice. The predicate “Best MTB helmet” obtained in the test of the Uvex Quatro. This MTB helmet offers not only a stylish look and an easy adjustable chin strap, it is even possible to attach a camera to it and hold it firmly so the adventure on the bike for a long time. Close behind, followed by the same manufacturer, the Uvex I-VO CC with a high similar to strong performance. Both Uvex models are to buy for a price of around 60 euros. For those who like cheaper, should take a look on the Prowell Vipor F59R, the award winner. The price here is about 30 euros. For every buyer Gets a very stable helmet that lends itself well to spectacle wearers and already comes with reflective stickers. Also, an LED light, as well as a holder of the helmet can be attached to the bicycle, is included in the purchase price. The MTB-helmet test should serve as a guide. In addition to the already mentioned manufacturers, some other companies in the mountain bike-helmet business have made a name. So, amongst helmets by MET, O’Neal, Alpina, TSG, Giro and Bell are available.