Seatpost test 2017: comparison on bicycle-test-reviews.com
A support for a more comfortable ride
a good seat post absorbs shock and protects the frame.
A Seatpost counts as the bike Pocket bike accessories. It’s a tube that connects the saddle to the frame and in this way produces a greater distance between the two.
The Seatpost absorbs vibrations and shocks, thus ensuring a more enjoyable driving experience, especially for tours on an uneven surface. Therefore, a Seatpost, for example, for mountain bikes (MTB) is useful. Also, it protects the bicycle frame by intercepting surges and allows a longer life the bike this way.
In our report on the Seatpost test show you what to look for when buying such a supplementary component and explain what constitutes a good seat post.
The best seat posts from the test at a glance:
What types of seat posts are there?
Two types of seat posts are represented in the test – the suspension Seatpost and Seatpost patent.
More forms: there are still the so-called saddle candle and the Vario Seatpost. First is the technically simple, ursrpüngliche form of the Seatpost. A Vario seat post enables the driver to adjust their height in the course of the journey, by pressing a button.
Table of contents:
- support for a more comfortable driving
- the best seat posts from the test at a glance:
- what types of seat posts are there?
- The buying advice to the Seatpost-test
- The conclusion to the Seatpost-test
The buying advice to the Seatpost-test
Some aspects are particularly important in the test of the seatpost. Therefore we respond the following more closely.
two types of seat posts are represented in the seat post test.
- Diameter: this point is certainly the most important. The seat post must have the same diameter as the seat tube of your bicycle, so that both can be connected to each other. The best seat post is useless if it does not fit.
- Support type: a suspension Seatpost absorb better vibrations thanks to its suspension. For a patent Seatpost is tends to be stable. A suspension Seatpost has a so-called suspension travel. This is the difference in the height of the saddle. A travel such as 50 mm means that the saddle can reduce by 50 mm down.
- Weight: the heavier the Seatpost, the more extra weight you have to move when driving. In the test for the Seatpost, the models made of aluminium. This is one of the lighter materials. Seatposts can also consist of titanium, steel, or carbon. Carbon is used mainly for Seatposts for road bikes.
- Fixing type: very often to be found is the saddle clamp. This is integrated into the seat tube with many bikes. The Seatpost is it easy to install. A patent clamping refers to a form of fastening for a screw is necessary. The easier the Seatpost can be attached to the wheel, but it is the easier for thieves, remove.
The conclusion to the Seatpost-test
comparison winner of the seatpost is the model of cane Creek Thudbuster LT (Note 1.3). This suspension seat post is easy to install and offers a very good cushioning. The cane Creek Thudbuster LT is available in many different sizes. The prices range between 144.90 euros and 522,73 euros. Award winner is the model XLC SP-S05 (Note 1.5) in the seat post test. You 29,45 euros. A good cushioning and stability in favour of this suspension Seatpost. It is slightly lighter than the comparison winner and has a shorter suspension travel. However, the winner only in diameter size is available.