Easy to drive and easy to transport
An electric folding bike from the test is easy to transport. An E-bike folding bike is a special means of transport, which offers two important concessions. These wheels are powered by an electric motor and fold in the middle. The folding bike is today also known as folding bike. Due to their special design, they can fold up to a manageable size. This facilitates their transport if the owner want to break up the trip. An electric folding bike from the test combines the advantages of a folding or folding wheel with an E-bikes. In the latter case, an engine supports the driver. The E folding bikes in the test have also a start-up aid. Our report on the E-bike as a folding bike in the test tells you on which points you should take if you want to buy one of the practical special bicycles. In addition you will learn which electric folding bike from the test has performed best. The price for the respective model, refer to the summary table.
The best E-bikes as folding bikes at a glance:
Folding bike and folding bike: two names for a wheel
The history of Klapprads dates back to the 19th century. Popular it was 1960s and 1970s in Germany especially in the, in the GDR in the 1980s. Nowadays produced folding bikes are usually referred to as folding bikes, to emphasize the development of this type of wheel. A folding bike is for example tend to be larger and longer than a traditional folding bike. The translation is also better for a newer folding bike. In addition, that folding bikes are lighter than their predecessors and have a circuit in contrast to these. Table of contents:
- easy to drive and easy to transport
- the best E-bikes as folding bikes at a glance:
- folding bike and folding bike: two names for a wheel
- as an E-bike folding bike to work?
- What advantage has a folding bike as E-bike from the test?
- Purchase advice on the electric folding bike test
- Conclusion with regard to the E-bike as a folding bike in the test
As an E-bike folding bike work?
an E-bike folding bike from the test has an electric motor. Otherwise than in a conventional bike, an E-bike folding bike from the test can be folded so that it is better to transport. It’s also an electric bicycle. This means that the bike has an electric motor and a battery pack. He enters the rider into the pedals, is supported by the engine. The maximum speed which can be reached with an E-bike motor is the most wheels, also for any E-bike folding bike in the test, at 25 km/h. The reason for this is that only such E-bikes in Germany according to the road traffic law (HCP) are not considered motor vehicles. Therefore, for example, the insurance obligation shall not apply to them and the driver requires no license. An E-bike battery must be recharged at regular intervals. E-bike and Pedelec: To make it even more confusing, there’s still a second name for the E-bike. The term Pedelec stands for „ pedal electric cycle “. The labels „ Pedelec “ and „ E-bike “ are used as synonyms in Germany. Actually are with „ Pedelec “ bikes meant, where the motor operates only when the rider into the pedals.
What advantage has a folding bike as E-bike from the test?
Cycling can be very tiring on long trips or in hilly terrain. On an E-bike or Pedelec, the driver must provide a lower effort than on a conventional wheel and is therefore in a position to deal with such routes. So an E folding bike from the test allows less toned bike lovers to enjoy a long bike ride. As additional support, the folding bikes from the test still have a starting aid. As a result, the cyclists need not break to reach the speed of 6 km/h. If it’s the folding bike owner such as during a trip into the city, rather, to cover a part of the route with the bus, he can fold up his bike and easily take this way. It is however to note that folding bikes on public transport in circumstances in a case must be transported. Some folding bikes fits together but also in the trunk – depending on the folding bicycle model and type of car. Unfortunately the weight with a folding E-bike from the test a lot is larger than at „ normal “ wheels. Also, the cost for an E folding bike from the test average is higher than if you buy for example a simple folding bike.
Purchase advice on the electric folding bike test
In this chapter, we discuss the main criteria that are at an E folding bike in the test to be considered. an electric folding bike from the test must be recharged after a certain number of kilometres.
- Starting assistance: Each Pedelec folding bike from the test has a so-called starting aid. This relieves the cyclists in addition because he must occur only at a speed of 6 km/h in the pedals. Before that, the engine works well alone.
- Wheel / or frame size: The size of the wheels for a folding bike-E-bike in the test will be given in inches. The wheel in the E folding bike has 20-inch in the test – this is the default size for folding bikes. The body height of the rider can be used to determine the appropriate frame size.
- Motor: with every electric folding bicycle in the test the engine at the rear wheel is attached. For example a positioning on the front wheel would be possible – in this case, there is talk of a front hub motor. The engine sits in the Middle, he is called bottom bearing motor. The hub motors can be set on different levels, depending on the requirements of the respective distance.
- Speed (max): in Germany only E-bikes without driver’s license and insurance may be used, maximum reach 25 km/h, this is the maximum speed of the E-bike falter in the test.
- Range (max): after a certain distance at a Pedelec folding bike battery is empty from the test, i.e. the motor is no longer working. Then again, this is the case when the battery has been charged.
- Gear shift: a folding bike Pedelec from test offers several courses. This translation can be adapted to the track to manage.
- Lighting: like all bikes also a folding Pedelec from the test requires a certain lighting to be suitable for road use. The relevant provisions are contained in the road traffic licensing regulations (StVZO).
- Weight: E-bikes are generally heavier than conventional bikes due to the motor. The same also applies to an E-bike that can be folded down. In the test, the weight of the various models is between 23 and 24 kg.
Conclusion with regard to the E-bike as a folding bike in the test
In connection to the overview of the most important purchase criteria, we present the electric folding bike, which has comparison winner. The model RSM MOBILIST 1234 with a score of 1.4 convinces thanks to a high-quality finish. A suspension system provides comfort. May also be distances up to 100 km with the comparison winner, on which the driver is supported by the electric motor. A circuit allows adaptation to the respective grounds with six gears. On the other hand, the RSM MOBILIST 1234 is the E-bike folding bike in the test, which has the largest range, nor the model with the most rounds. So the winner of NCM for example, seven has to exhibit it. This model also offers a high quality finish and a suspension. But the winner of the prize only has a range of 60 to 80 km. He is also a little heavier than the winner of comparison with a weight of 24 kg.