What we like
- large, clear display and intuitive operation
- but good responsive engine, from 20 km / h is missing some power
- compared to front and middle engines rather quieter drive
What we do not like
- No suspension fork, characterized in gruff underground little comfort
- the high center of gravity leads to a quite nervous driving behavior
Let’s get out! Nominally this soundsEscape for a veritable smugglers. Does it help but, the stress really to escape through a bike ride? It helps. But too hastily the fugitive should not have it. Because of the Giant’s proprietary rear-wheel drive while talking on reliable but acts from Tempo 20 bit weak on the chest.
On steering commands the superbly equipped reactsvery directly. It acts – also because of the high center of gravity and laterally placed batteries – a bit nervous. Comfort friends would have a forkforward. Top hand: the convincing cycling computer .
Specifications of Giant-pedelec in the test: Giant Escape Hybrid
|Price Replacement Battery:||599 Euro|
|Weight:||24.1 (incl. Battery) kg|
|Motor:||Giant-rear wheel hub motor, 250 Watt|
|torque:||Max. 35 Nm|
|Battery pack:||36V / 8 Ah Li-Ion (288 Wh)|
|Brake:||Magura HS11 hydraulic rim brakes|
|Equipment:||Mudguard, luggage carrier, bag, lights, Vario Stem, rigid fork|
The highly equipped Escape is ideal for city and tour – also thanks to the powerful engine. However, the high center of gravity makes for a pretty cant liges ride.